Monday, March 3, 2014

6 Moms Who Totally Stole The Show At The Oscars

“And I just want to say, I love you, Mom.” —Jared Leto

Leonardo DiCaprio's mom, Irmelin Indenbirken

Leonardo DiCaprio's mom, Irmelin Indenbirken

DiCaprio, who sadly didn't take home a golden statue on Sunday night, did have his gold-clad mother by his side throughout the evening.

"The truth is, I don't think I would be standing here doing any of this stuff, nor have a career of any kind, if it weren't for her listening to a kid, at 12 years old, who said, 'I want to be an actor, and this is what I'm sure I want to do.' And her driving me to auditions every day after school is what made all this possible," he told Entertainment Tonight in February. "For me, it's an honor to bring her."

Kevork Djansezian / Getty

Who needs the Academy's approval when you have your mom's?

Who needs the Academy's approval when you have your mom's?

Kevork Djansezian / Getty

Jonah Hill's mom, Sharon Lyn Chalkin

Jonah Hill's mom, Sharon Lyn Chalkin

DiCaprio's Wolf of Wall Street co-star and fellow nominee also brought his mom as his date. The actors took a mother-son photo all together on the red carpet, but Hill and his mom were probably cringing when host Ellen DeGeneres subtly mentioned his masturbation scene from the movie during her monologue. "You showed us something in that film that I have not seen in a very long time," she joked.

Jason Merritt / Getty

Jared Leto's mom, Constance Leto

Jared Leto's mom, Constance Leto

While accepting his Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, Leto spoke beautifully about his mother: "In 1971, Bossier City, Louisiana, there was a teenage girl who was pregnant with her second child. She was a high school dropout and a single mom, but somehow, she managed to make a better life for herself and her children. She encouraged her kids to be creative, to work hard and to do something special. That girl is my mother and she's here tonight. And I just want to say, I love you, Mom."

Michael Buckner / Getty


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment